Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I was really sick': Yolanda Foster on how she realised she had Lyme disease as she watched herself rowing on Real Housewives

Unable to think straight, form sentences or function properly, Yolanda Foster knew something was wrong.
But it was not until a colossal fight with her Real Housewives of Beverly Hills co-star, Taylor Armstrong, that she realised she needed medical help.
The stunning Dutch model - and wife of composer David Foster - told Housewives creator Andy Cohen that was the day that led to her to being diagnosed of chronic Lyme disease.
Scroll down for video...
 
Struggling: Yolanda Foster reveals on Watch What Happens Live she has been battling lyme diseaseStruggling: Yolanda Foster reveals on Watch What Happens Live she has been battling lyme disease
The bacterial condition caused by ticks had robbed the 48-year-old of brain function and had been affecting the mother of three daughters and five step-daughters for almost two years, she revealed on Monday night's Watch What Happen's Live.
'I’ve had it for about a year-and-a-half, two years,' the model said.
However, it was only when she had the confrontation with Taylor - whom she branded a 'a**hole'.
 
Fight life saver: While filming Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills after a fight with Taylor Armstrong Yolanda realised she was sick Fight life saver: While filming Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills after a fight with Taylor Armstrong Yolanda realised she was sick

 
Taking each day as it comes: 'I'm starting to see the light, and my brain is coming back,' the star told creator Andy Cohen on MondayTaking each day as it comes: 'I'm starting to see the light, and my brain is coming back,' the star told creator Andy Cohen on Monday
'(I) had all these words floating my brain and couldn’t make a sentence from it,' she said on Monday's show.
'That was the day I realised I was really sick and I needed help. I’m starting to see the light, and my brain is coming back.'
The newest housewife is very lucky she did realise something was wrong as Lyme disease can be can be fatal.

VIDEO Yolanda Foster talks to Bravoabout her health scare

 
Laughing again: The model is now in treatment and starting to feel betterLaughing again: The model is now in treatment and starting to feel better
On her Bravo blog, the beauty - who was previously married wealthy real estate developer Mohamed Hadid - said she is now undergoing treatment for the infection.
'I am on Day 54 of my treatment and I continue to see some bright spots in my days,' she wrote.
'Looking back, though, I can see myself struggling to keep it together and participate as each episode airs.
 
There on TV: 'Looking back, though, I can see myself struggling to keep it together and participate as each episode airs'There on TV: 'Looking back, though, I can see myself struggling to keep it together and participate as each episode airs'
'The Lyme disease had so severely affected my brain functioning that it was extremely hard for me to think, form sentences, and stay focused.
'I was always trying to be so extremely healthy because it was the only way I could get through my days.'
Since starting on the show it is not just Taylor whom the statuesque blond has clashed with.
 
Clashes: Since staring on the show the 48-year-old, pictured here on an episode with her daughter, has had run ins with Taylor and Brandi GlanvilleClashes: Since staring on the show the 48-year-old, pictured here on an episode with her daughter, has had run ins with Taylor and Brandi Glanville
On Yolanda's debut on the show she was her targeted by Brandi Glanville, who rudely told her: 'Your ex-husband is Mohamed.
'You know everyone, you've slept with everyone, it's all good.'
Of course, Brandi has been accused of  similar things and is also no stranger to controversy, being the ex-wife of LeAnn Rimes' new husband Eddie Cibrian, whom have publicly aired their dirty laundry in recent months.
 
Musical pairing: Yolanda is married to Grammy Award winner David Foster, on Tuesday the couple were in New York at The Today ShowMusical pairing: Yolanda is married to Grammy Award winner David Foster, on Tuesday the couple were in New York at The Today Show


No comments:

Post a Comment