Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Matt Damon dismisses Barack Obama as a 'one term President

 
Not impressed: Matt Damon has vented his anger at the President's failure to bring about change in America in a new interview
Not impressed: Matt Damon has vented his anger at the President's failure to bring about change in America in a new interview
Matt Damon has taken another swipe at Barack Obama and dismissed him as a 'one term President.'
In his most ferocious attack to date, the Hollywood star vented his anger at the President's failure to bring about change in America.
He said: 'I've talked to a lot of people who worked for Obama at the grassroots level. One of them said to me, "Never again. I will never be fooled again by a politician".'
'You know, a one-term president with some balls who actually got stuff done would have been, in the long run of the country, much better.'
His latest attack was made in an interview for Elle magazine to promote his new film We Bought a Zoo.
Damon, 41,was one of the biggest Hollywood stars to stump for Obama during his 2008 election campaign.
He attended fund raising events and was vocal in his support for the Democrat who was elected on a mandate of 'change' and 'hope'.
But over the last year the Bourne Identity star has changed his opinion - and been more than happy to publicise his disenchantment.
On the job: Obama carried pizzas out of a restaurant in Alexandria, Virginia, today
On the job: Obama carried pizzas out of a restaurant in Alexandria, Virginia, today
In March, he criticized Obama's education policy,saying 'I really think he misinterpreted his mandate. 
'A friend of mine said to me the other day, I thought it was a great line, "I no longer hope for audacity." He's doubled down on a lot of things.'
President Obama even mentioned Damon's change of heart during this year's White House Correspondent's Ball.
He said: 'I've even let down my key core constituency: movie stars. Just the other day, Matt Damon - I love Matt Damon, love the guy - Matt Damon said he was disappointed in my performance. Well, Matt, I just saw The Adjustment Bureau, so - right back at-cha, buddy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment